Learn how to embroider your own hoops with this 12-step online course, designed to be fun and accessible for complete beginners.
What you get
- Learn how to confidently embroider hoops with your very own designs.
- 12 video lessons supplemented with written instructions.
- Instruction on 9 must-know stitches, how to create and transfer designs and backing your hoops.
- Membership of an EXCLUSIVE Facebook group packed with tips, inspirations, support and daily advice.
- First 3 lessons FREE and fortnightly from Friday 6 Sept 2019, direct to your inbox.
- Remaining 9 lessons sent to your inbox from Fri 4 Oct so you can work at your own pace.
- EARLY BIRD price of ONLY £35 until Fri 11 Oct.
This fun and accessible Easy Embroidery! course will show you how to create embroidered pieces that you’ll love. Taught by me, Cath Janes of Kraken Kreations, I’ll guide you through the essential stitches and techniques behind every successful embroidery. Designed with complete beginners in mind, the course won’t take anything for granted, showing you how to do everything from choose the right needles through to creating perfect French knots. Membership of the exclusive Facebook group also means you’ll have my full support as you learn. You can ask me any questions at any point, share your journey with fellow stitchers who are at your level and receive daily inspirations to keep you enthusiastic and challenged. Don’t know where to buy an embroidery hoop? I’ll tell you. Can’t work out what thread to buy? Leave it to me. Keep buggering up your satin stitch? I’ll talk you through it.
How it works
Purchase the 12-step course right here for an EARLY BIRD £35. The first three free lessons will be sent to you by subscription, fortnightly from Friday 6 Sept 2019. Then on Friday 4 October 2019, you’ll be sent all of the remaining lessons in one email to do at your own pace. You need an email address for this, of course. Remember that the price of lessons goes up to £65 on Friday 11 Oct so don’t hang about.
Then just join the exclusive Facebook group if you want to learn in company, receive support and see daily tips and inspirations. Come over, say hello and join in the fun!
The lessons, which are video tutorials supplemented by written instructions, cover running stitch, split stitch, stem stitch, French knots, woven circles, couching, satin stitch, chain stitch and shading techniques. You’ll also be taught how to create your own designs with your fave images and ideas, how to transfer these to fabric for stitching and how to back hoops for a professional finish.
Why, that’d be me! Cath Janes! I’m a professional embroiderer at Kraken Kreations where my hoops are stitched with needle-perfect precision as well as being gorgeous, funny and original (even if I do say so myself). I know exactly what it takes to create a beautiful piece of embroidery.
My phrased embroideries use colour and design to bold effect and I take on any commission from a sweary phrase though to replicating a wedding venue. I also create extremely detailed and accurate anatomical embroideries for commissioning clinicians and surgeons, using extensive research, false colour and dozens of hours of work. You can see what goes into making my phrased hoops here and my anatomical hoops here. More than that, I taught myself to embroider which means I remember exactly how it feels to Google, “What are fill stitches?”. I’m perfect for this easy embroidery course and exactly who you need to get you stitching in no time.
Why THIS course?
- It’s fun, accessible and inspirational. I’ll never assume you know what a skein of thread or a crewel needle is. Through the Facebook group I’ll guide you through every aspect of basic embroidery and with a community that’s on exactly the same journey.
- It’s brilliant value. Three FREE lessons and nine at an early bird £35 is beyond bargainous. You won’t find anything like this anywhere else.
- It’s delivered straight to your inbox once you have bought the course and joined the Facebook group.
- The exclusive Facebook group means you are helped at every step of the way, whether you are inspired to go further or are just stuck on the first lesson.
- You don’t have to buy equipment to do it. If all you have is a needle, thread and an old teatowel, you can do the course.
- If you want to buy a hoop, fabric, embroidery threads and needles I’ll give you the links to the best outlets as well as prices in the Facebook group.
- You can keep the lessons for as long as you like. Rush through them or take your time. It is up to you and the group will be available to you however you decide to do it.
- It’s gonna be fun! While I’m teaching you we’ll learn, laugh, share and grow all while sitting on your own sofa. What’s not to love?
Of course, if you have any questions about the course you just have to shout. Message me right here!