Learn how to embroider your own hoops with this 12-step online course, designed to be fun and accessible for complete beginners.
What you get
- Learn how to confidently embroider hoops with your very own designs.
- 12 video lessons supplemented with written instructions.
- Instruction on 9 must-know stitches, how to create and transfer designs and backing your hoops.
- The price of £65 means that each lesson is just £5.41!
- Membership of an EXCLUSIVE Facebook group packed with extras, group documents, tips, inspirations, support and daily advice.
What they say
“Cath from Kraken Kreations rocks, her course rocks and the people in it are the nicest bunch of awesome people you could ever wish to be acquainted with. The course format is helpful and definitely suitable for people that have never even braved picking up a needle before but also detailed enough to be a step forward for those with some pre-existing basic knowledge of embroidery. I highly recommend the embroidery course.” – Emma
“This feels more like a club than a course. Everyone encourages each other, shows their progression, shares interesting information and feels welcome. I am disabled so work at a patchy rate, but there is no pressure and I am here until I have completed the course – and beyond. No question is too small, no lack of knowledge looked down on and the lessons are clear and understandable. I wanted a course to push me back into a long ignored hobby. The group has gone far beyond that, giving me a friendly, easy place to chat, admire work and feel crafty again.” – Julie
“I never thought I’d be able to do embroidery. I’m not a very crafty person, but it’s something I’ve always wanted to learn. I’ve found the lessons fun, engaging and the support of the group most important of all. There is always support for your efforts and hints and tips from other members if you’re struggling. The community spirit really has made learning a joy!
If you’re thinking of learning, this is the place to do it! I don’t think I could have learned without the love and support, not just for stitching but for life in general. The Kraken has done it again, she’s created a safe space for learning, talking and having fun!” – Susan
This fun and accessible Easy Embroidery! course will show you how to create embroidered pieces that you’ll love. Taught by me, Cath Janes of Kraken Kreations, I’ll guide you through the essential stitches and techniques behind every successful embroidery. Designed with complete beginners in mind, the course won’t take anything for granted, showing you how to do everything from choose the right needles through to creating perfect French knots. Membership of the exclusive Facebook group also means you’ll have my full support as you learn. You can ask me any questions at any point, share your journey with fellow stitchers who are at your level and receive daily inspirations to keep you enthusiastic and challenged. Don’t know where to buy an embroidery hoop? I’ll tell you. Can’t work out what thread to buy? Leave it to me. Keep buggering up your satin stitch? I’ll talk you through it.
How it works
Purchase the 12-step course right here and you’ll immediately get all of the lessons as a download. Each lesson consists of a film which shows you how to do the stitch along with written course notes which breaks it down further. The lessons also come with hot tips, challenges and extra practice notes.
You are also welcome to join the exclusive Facebook group if you want to learn in company, receive support and see daily tips and inspirations. The group is busting with course extras which help you with everything from how to buy and use an embroidery hoop through to how to master mindful embroidery. Come over, say hello and join in the fun!
The lessons, which are video tutorials supplemented by written instructions, cover running stitch, split stitch, stem stitch, French knots, woven circles, couching, satin stitch, chain stitch and shading techniques. You’ll also be taught how to create your own designs with your fave images and ideas, how to transfer these to fabric for stitching and how to back hoops for a professional finish.
Why, that’d be me! Cath Janes! I’m a professional embroiderer at Kraken Kreations where my hoops are stitched with needle-perfect precision as well as being gorgeous, funny and original (even if I do say so myself). I know exactly what it takes to create a beautiful piece of embroidery.
My phrased embroideries use colour and design to bold effect and I take on any commission from a sweary phrase though to replicating a wedding venue. I also create extremely detailed and accurate anatomical embroideries for commissioning clinicians and surgeons, using extensive research, false colour and dozens of hours of work. You can see what goes into making my phrased hoops here and my anatomical hoops here. More than that, I taught myself to embroider which means I remember exactly how it feels to Google, “What are fill stitches?”. I’m perfect for this easy embroidery course and exactly who you need to get you stitching in no time.
Why THIS course?
- It’s fun, accessible and inspirational. I’ll never assume you know what a skein of thread or a crewel needle is. Through the Facebook group I’ll guide you through every aspect of basic embroidery and with a community that’s on exactly the same journey.
- It’s brilliant value. When you break down the price of the course, it means that each lesson is just £5.41(ish). That’s what you’d blow on a coffee and cake in your local coffee shop!
- Once you have received the lessons they are yours to keep. For-ev-er.
- The exclusive Facebook group means you are helped at every step of the way, whether you are inspired to go further or are just stuck on the first lesson.
- You don’t have to buy equipment to do it. If all you have is a needle, thread and an old teatowel, you can do the course.
- If you want to buy a hoop, fabric, embroidery threads and needles I’ll give you the links to the best outlets as well as prices in the Facebook group.
- You decide how quickly you want to learn. Rush through the lessons or take your time… it is up to you and the group will be available to you however you decide to do it.
- It’s gonna be fun! While I’m teaching you we’ll learn, laugh, share and grow all while sitting on your own sofa. What’s not to love?
Of course, if you have any questions about the course you just have to shout. Message me right here!